Sunday 11 April 2021

Microtale- Chapter 1

 Chapter -1 

Once, my friend who was migrating to the US, had a flight to board from Mumbai the next day. So he traveled by train the night before. I went to meet him at the railway station. I was waiting for him in the café around 5 am. His train arrived at 5:30 am. It’s truly said; when u meet your friends time just flies. I was meeting him after a real long time so we had a lot to chat over, after all, friends’ opinion matters a lot. We were so indulged in chatting that we hardly noticed the crowd around and soon the bells signaled for the departure. We shared final goodbyes and I and moved out of the station, with slight tears in my eyes, rejoicing the meeting and smiling, and before I could realize anything I was standing in front of my home. As soon as I reached home, I realized that I forgot my cell phone somewhere. It was 7 am. I took my brother's phone, booked a cab for the railway station immediately, and tried calling on my number. Luckily, someone received it but no one was answering me. Instead, two people were talking with each other. I had no option other than to listen to their conversation and to figure out where possibly my phone could have been.




Girl, "Hey Fool, How are you?"

Boy, "I am absolutely fine. How are you?"

Girl, "You only say, how am I?"

Boy, "Different and Confident!"

Girl, "It's a good thing na! I am a practical person, now!"

Boy, "And also Busy person."

Girl, "Initially, you were also busy, a lot. I learned this from you only. You only taught me that being busy is a good thing."

Boy, "Ji."

Girl, "Listen, are we doing the right thing?"

Boy, "If you feel it's wrong, then we won't do it."

I felt they both are talking about sex. I was having weird ideas about where my phone might be.  I reached the platform and ran to the café. I saw my phone under the wallet of that girl, which her wallet might have picked up by mistake. I was about to go towards my phone, but at the same time I also wanted to listen to their conversation, so I stopped at some distance and kept my brother’s phone on my ears.

Girl, "Yes, I feel there is a lot of difference between relationship and practical life. We love each other but I think we don’t have any future together."

Boy, "Ji."

Girl, "Ok then, I am going. Bye, stay in touch."Boy, "Sure, Take care."

I reached the table as the girl stood up. They noticed the phone on the table but before they could react, I rushed to the table and showed my ownership by putting my hand over it. I said in a mild sincere tone, its mine, I happen to forget it in hurry. Both seem to be practical people as per their conversation and their dressing style. The girl went away, I was about to turn but my curiosity was high and I couldn’t resist asking the boy standing next to me,

"Hey, who was that girl, if you don't mind me asking?"

He looked at me. I was in formals as I was supposed to leave for office directly from the station. My outfit might have given him comfort and the impression that I am a reliable person. It looked like he was waiting for someone to ask that question.

Before I could say anything else he loosened his guards and got filled up in tears hopelessly. Tears were rolling down his cheeks like a waterfall. I was surprised, a minute ago, he seemed to be a very practical and robust person, and now he was sobbing like a baby. To comfort him, I bought a bottle of water for him and asked him to calm down.

He asked, "Do you want to hear my story? You are a stranger to me, so even if you judge me, it won't affect me at all."

I replied, "Sure, Go ahead. You can count on me; my friends use to say I am a good listener."

He said, "...


*Chapter -2  will be coming soon.





*Chapter-2 is already out. Click here



 

3 comments:

  1. This story was engaging and I didn't wanted this story to end. Can't wait for the Chapter-2. Loved this one.💯

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting so far. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curious to read chapter 2.. nicely woven... couldn't stop reading....

    ReplyDelete

Title Open For Audience

Despite the fact that romantic love is "wholly celebrated" in both Indian mass media (such as Bollywood) and folklore, arranged m...